How We Can Help.
The Affordable Care Act has made health insurance available as it has never been before. Our Outreach & Enrollment Specialists will help you explore your options on the NYS Marketplace and assist you in enrolling in the plan that's right for you and your family. Call Whitney Young Health's Enrollment Manager Juan Garcia at 518-591-4509 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also participating with the new Essential Plans.
Whitney Young Health accepts most major health and dental insurance plans including the following:
Blue Shield of NENY
Child Health Plus
Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
Humana (medical only)
Medicaid Managed Care
UnitedHealthcare (medical and dental)
WellCare and more!
You are responsible for paying co-pays, co-insurance costs, or any other out-of-pocket expenses at the time of service. We accept cash, checks, credit cards and debit cards.
*PLEASE NOTE: the list of accepted insurance may change periodically. Please check with your plan to verify specific coverage.
Sliding Fee Scale.
To help people get the care and treatment they need, Whitney Young Health offers a sliding fee scale payment plan based on income and family size. The slide can be applied to help with payment for your visit, including deductibles and co-pays.
To assist the staff in determining your eligibility based on income, bring ONE of the following documents to your first appointment:
- Your two most recent pay stubs.
- Unemployment compensation statement.
- SSI Award Letter.
- Pending public assistance application.
- Notarized letter of support.
- For self-employed, notarized letter with statement of earnings.
- W2 for current IRS filing year.
To qualify for Whitney Young Health's Sliding Fee Scale Discount, please fill out the form below and provide the required documentation listed in the application. The form and required documentation can be brought in to Registration Staff any of our health center's or emailed to email@example.com.
You will remain on the Discount Program for six months. After six months, we will renew your application for the Discount Program and request that you provide proof of income once again.
Whitney Young Health participates in free or discounted prescription drug programs such as:
St. Peter's Health Partners Prescription Assistance Program
- A cooperative program between our Troy Health Center, , St. Peter's Health Partners and the Rensselaer County Medical Society that provides reduced or free prescriptions for our patients. For more information on this program, please contact Melissa Zapotocki, Prescription Assistance Coordinator, 1444 Massachusetts Avenue, Troy, NY 12180, 518-268-6442.
Federal 340B Drug Pricing Program
- A program that provides access to reduced price prescription drugs for patients of community health centers such as Whitney Young Health. Speak to your provider about eligibility and participating pharmacies.