It's safe to take care of your health at Whitney Young Health.
Health and safety are on everyone's minds lately.
But, preventing COVID-19 is only one part of staying healthy!
DON'T PUT OFF THE CARE YOU NEED
- Keep babies and children up-to-date on immunizations to decrease the risk of vaccine-preventable diseases and to ensure that they can enroll in school.
- Well-baby visits and physicals for children help to make sure that kids are meeting their age-appropriate milestones and staying strong and healthy.
- Chronic diseases and conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure require routine care and regular monitoring.
IS IT SAFE FOR ME TO GO TO WHITNEY YOUNG HEALTH?
We understand and share your safety concerns. That's why we have taken numerous steps to keep you and our staff safe, protected and healthy.
- COVID-19 SYMPTOM SCREENING is mandatory for all staff, patients and visitors before entering any Whitney Young Health facility.
- You will be asked COVID-19-related questions about symptoms, recent travel and possible exposure risks.
- Your temperature will be taken with an oral thermometer.
- MASKS REQUIRED: All people entering a WYH facility are required to wear a mask at all times. Anyone refusing to wear a mask will be denied entry to the building or asked to leave. Please note that gaiters, bandanas or valve masks are NOT allowed, and will be replaced with regular masks, provided at the screening table.
- MINIMIZING THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN THE BUILDING: Patients only, no visitors allowed, except parents with minor children, a mandated escort with a patient, or an aide assisting an elderly or disabled individual.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING IS REQUIRED: You must keep at least 6 feet of space between yourself and other people.
- Our registration and nursing stations are behind plexiglass.
- All medical staff must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- All screeners and medical staff must wear eye protection (face shields or goggles) when facing a patient within 6 feet.
- We have created longer appointment times to allow for additional time in between appointments.
- We have instituted an open-access appointment system that will allow patients to book same-day or next-day appointments, which reduces the volume of people in our waiting rooms.
- Waiting room seating is spaced to accommodate social distancing.
- Hand-sanitizing stations are available.
- Our buildings are cleaned and disinfected thoroughly and often.
- COVID-19 testing is performed either at clinics outside the health centers, or in a specially isolated area of the building.
- TELEHEALTH APPOINTMENTS are also available! If you are too ill to come to the health center, we can schedule a virtual office visit through your computer or smartphone!
Call (518) 465-4771 to make an appointment.
Don't put off the care you need!