November is Diabetes Awareness Month. Did you know that 90%-95% of all diabetes cases are type 2?
This week we have Molly Ward, RD, CDN, CDE, Whitney Young Health's Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator, educating you on nine ways to care for your diabetes once you've diagnosed.
1. See your Primary Care Physician or Endocrinologist Regularly
2. Get Blood Work Done
A1c every three months
Lipids every year
Kidney function every year
3. Schedule Annual Foot Exam
4. Schedule Dental Exams Every 6 Months
5. Schedule Annual Eye Exam
6. Get your Flu Shot
7. Monitor your Blood Sugar at Home
8. Take Medications as Prescribed
9. Practice Healthy Eating and Exercise Regularly
Whitney Young Health's highly trained staff can help with your diabetes care. With medical, dental, podiatry, ophthalmology, optometry, an onsite laboratory and pharmacy services at our Albany Health Center, it makes it easier and more convenient to get the serves you need all in one location. To get guidance from a Registered Dietitian or Certified Diabetes Educator, call Whitney Young Health for an appointment with Molly Ward, RD, CDN, CDE at (518) 465-4771 today.