We hope you had a Thanksgiving filled with happy times, happy memories and plenty of reasons to be thankful! We wish you good luck on catching great deals this weekend. We also hope you will take a moment to consider Whitney Young Health this coming #GivingTuesday. This December 1st, join the charities, businesses, families, and students around the world uniting for the purpose of celebrating generosity and to give. WYH employees will be providing gifts for the families we are adopting as part of our annual Holiday Families program.
Did you know that WYH is a non-proft organization and that we are able to enhance our patient programs through the help of donations? Contributions made in support of WYH provide essential health care and life-changing services to people right here in the Capital Region.
Here are some examples of what Whitney Young Health could do with your help:
- $15 provides a simple oral swab test for HIV
- $30 allows a hypertensive patient to take home a blood pressure monitoring kit
- $60 funds two diabetes education sessions for a newly diagnosed diabetic
- $100 pays for a comprehensive dental cleaning by a Seal-a-Smile hygienist in a child’s school
- $200 covers the cost of a visit with the dentist in our Albany office
- $500 helps purchase medical supplies for our pediatric practice
- $750 supports patient education materials for pregnant women
- $1,250 operates our new mobile health unit for one day
This #GivingTuesday, don't forget your favorite local non-profit! If you'd like to support WYH, you can donate here.