Whitney Young Health's Whitney on Wheels (WOW), is a mobile health unit that brings primary care services directly to our patients in schools and community settings, eliminating many barriers to care.
WOW offers primary and preventive services including routine physicals, vaccinations, and health and nutrition counseling. At some locations mobile blood draws are offered. Currently, we visit seven locations throughout the Capital District, ranging from schools to shelters.
To be seen on Whitney on Wheels, you must be a member of one of the following organizations or schools WOW visits.
For more information, please contact Kevin Ragnauth, MA at 518-465-4771 ext. 4985.
Whitney on Wheels Locations:
Bette Center of Hope House, Inc.
Green Tech High Carter School
Hospitality House, Inc.
Interfaith Partnership for the Homeless
KIPP Tech Valley: Middle School
KIPP Tech Valley: Primary School
Marillac Family Shelter
North Albany Academy/Albany International Center
Rehabilitation Support Services
Stephen & Harriet Myers Middle School
Thomas O’Brien Academy of Science and Technology
Troy Boys and Girls Club
Whitney on Wheels (WOW) offers the following services:
- Comprehensive & coordinated primary and preventive health services, including routine management of chronic disease (i.e., asthma).
- Health education counseling and nutritional education.
- Age-appropriate immunizations.
- Lab tests and screenings when necessary, to detect illness or infection (i.e., strep throat).
- Referrals to outside agencies for services not provided on Whitney on Wheels.